MINUTES OF A GENERAL MEETING OF THE BRADNINCH YOUTH SECTION
Held at the cricket club on Thursday, January 22 at 7pm.
Cricket club chairman Derrick Foan opened the meeting and welcomed those present before underlining the reasons for the meeting.
- To advise of the ‘repackaged’ youth section that will operate from now on.
- To report on the structure of the coaching staff
- To express his view that without doubt the future strength of the cricket club relied on the ‘next generation;’ and that was very much the current youth set-up.
- To advise of the need for the section to find help to run the teams (U11 and U13) this coming season.
Head of Colts Coaching, Steve Rowe then spoke of his plans and fielded questions from the floor.
Club welfare officer Steve Birley spoke of his standing in the new set-up.
The chairman then took questions from the floor on a number of club matters and made a point of saying the key to this working is for the youth section to create its own sub committee and get actively involved in all manner of club matters. There was strong agreement to this from those present. After a good session of subjects being discussed the chairman closed the meeting at 8.15pm.
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MEETING.
- It was decided to run YOUTH SECTION OPEN EVENINGS on alternate Friday nights to when the darts team are at home. The FIRST such night will be Friday, March 6 and thereafter on alternate Fridays for folk to come up, meet socially, play darts, pool and skittles.
- It was agreed that the youth section should arrange a number of pre-season INDOOR NET SESSIONS and Steve Birley/Steve Rowe are to look into venues (Cully/Broadclyst) with a view to the first session being on, or around, March 13.
- Natalie (Vinny’s Mum) said she was prepared to become the Welfare Officer’s ‘number two’ and she has all the appropriate experience/ given her employment.
- Elaine (Jack’s) Mum said she was happy, work commitments depending, on getting involved in some capacity.
- The FRIDAY NIGHT general coaching sessions would run Under-13s and below – 6pm to 7pm and Under13s and above 7pm to 8pm, with the first session likely to be held on the first Friday of May and thereafter every Friday following through to early July.
- With regard to youth section matches it was explained that these would take place (home games) on Monday, Tuesday or Sunday as the other days of the week are set aside for 1st XI practise (Wednesday), Grounds work (Thursday), Colts coaching (Friday) and senior match day (Saturday).
Minutes – Youth Section meeting – January 2015 PDF file